How is fat perceived in other countries?
Where did our disdain for fat come from? A look at how different cultures, GDP, and globalization affect how we view fat.
What’s in this episode?
- Food as a first gen immigrant
- Client story – growing up in a fat positive country, then moving to the US rife with diet culture
- How beauty standards affect how a culture views food
- For low income countries <$8000 USD per capita – the rich are more likely to be obese
LINKS AND RESOURCES
- Take the Quiz – Is Intuitive Eating Right for YOU? (after years of dieting and bingeing)
- Request an Appointment – 1:1 private coaching with Elise
- Let’s be friends on IG! @craving.food.freedom.com
WHAT DID YOU THINK?
If you liked this episode, please take a moment to SUBSCRIBE, RATE & REVIEW, would love to hear from you! You’ll be helping me reach more people just like you.