I was listening to Ezra Klein’s interview with the author of the book The Body Keeps the Score and it reminded me of how trauma (little, big and everything in between) affects our relationship with food.
Trauma blunts our ability to connect with our own emotions, it almost numbs our emotions as a form of protection.
Trauma blunts our ability to connect with other human beings which is a core human need and desire.
In this episode, I talk about:
- how trauma affects our ability to connect with others
- food in place of belonging
- food as a way to numb
- my story with trauma and food
LINKS AND RESOURCES
- Take the Quiz – Is Intuitive Eating Right for YOU? (after years of dieting and bingeing)
- Request an Appointment – 1:1 private coaching with Elise
- Let’s be friends on IG! @craving.food.freedom.com
WHAT DID YOU THINK?
If you liked this episode, please take a moment to SUBSCRIBE, RATE & REVIEW, would love to hear from you! You’ll be helping me reach more people just like you.