What does dieting really bring to the table, let’s break it down together!
What’s in this episode?
- Pros of diets – can sometimes cultivate more awareness/mindfulness
- Cons of diets
- Your body’s WANTS goes up against what you SHOULD be doing on a diet
- 2/3 of dieters end up gaining more weight than what they started with
- ~30% of dieters end up having a disordered relationship with food
- Diets and dating
- Just like adjusting to new partners, each phase of life brings with it different stressors and circumstances. And you adjust. Diets don’t adjust along with you.
- Learning how to be an intuitive eater is like learning how to be a good communicator in a relationship.
Get support to fast track this process. Reach out to friends or professionals. If you’re feeling stuck and find yourself obsessing over food, think about reaching out for support. I help clients on these exact issues on a daily basis.
When you do it alone, it prolongs the pain. Getting support fastracks the process! Instead of waking up a year later and still having this issue, imagine feeling more at peace 3 months from now.
Click here to book a call and see other offerings!