When work is triggering binges
How do you feel whenever you’re faced with:
- an upcoming confrontational convo with your coworker/manager
- an email containing a new project
- asking for PTO
- a ping from someone expecting an update on a project
Any of those things causes me so much anxiety and stress.
Avoiding work with food
In the past I would feel so much distress that I needed to avoid it entirely. And sitting only caused my heart and mind to race even more. So food was something I could actively munch on to take my mind off things. Can you relate?
Tips to manage work stress WITHOUT food
- Do the hard things first. Think about the tasks that you dread the most and see what getting them out of the way first thing does.
- We forget to eat during work. Issue: many hours goes by before you eat. Try making enough space to eat decent, satisfying meals during the workday.
- Maybe work is unfulfilling. Try accepting the situation and focus on what you like. OR what can you do to change your situation?
- Under stress, our body craves more sugar/energy to get through the day. Try getting energy from other sources outside of sweets (a nap, a walk, meditation, etc).
LINKS AND RESOURCES
- Take the Quiz – Is Intuitive Eating Right for YOU? (after years of dieting and bingeing)
- Request an Appointment – 1:1 private coaching with Elise
- Let’s be friends on IG! @craving.food.freedom.com
WHAT DID YOU THINK?
If you liked this episode, please take a moment to SUBSCRIBE, RATE & REVIEW, would love to hear from you! You’ll be helping me reach more people just like you.