Trigger warning – don’t listen if you’re in a good place with food
Fall/winter blues have really been taking a toll, can you relate?
Tips for when you’re in the middle of a binge
- Frequent reminders of “it’s ok” to prevent a guilt spiral
- When you feel that it’s ok, it’s less all-consuming, which makes MOVING ON easier
- Perhaps your period is nearing and your body is physiologically needing more energy during this time
The next day, ask yourself
- How did that serve you?
- For me it felt comforting BUT I felt heavy/bloated after
- How do you feel today?
- Overall it didn’t serve me but it wasn’t detrimental. I woke up today, felt fine, felt hungry at my normal times, and ate normally. My appetite didn’t really change.
Reflect on what you can do differently today
- Having my hot tea physically closer to me instead of the snacks
- Lighting a candle to help soothe me and feel more comforted
I’m still going to have my nighttime snack.
A big reflection from last night: I wasn’t really connected to my body.
Tonight, I will stand up and feel the physical sensations in my body/stomach more.
Listen to this episode anytime you’re having a tough moment with food to coach yourself through it.
In summary, the trifecta:
- Were you connected with your body during the binge?
- Be nice to yourself and tell yourself it’s ok to prevent the guilt spiral
- You can do things differently today
LINKS AND RESOURCES
- Take the Quiz – Is Intuitive Eating Right for YOU? (after years of dieting and bingeing)
- Request an Appointment – 1:1 private coaching with Elise
- Let’s be friends on IG! @craving.food.freedom.com
WHAT DID YOU THINK?
If you liked this episode, please take a moment to SUBSCRIBE, RATE & REVIEW, would love to hear from you! You’ll be helping me reach more people just like you.