In this ep, we talk:
- what the body loves more than homeostasis is having more fat cells for survival so it’s natural for us to gain weight as we age
- your metabolism can go into sleep mode when on a diet
- anti-weight loss mechanisms kick in as a protective mechanism
- it’s not your fault that you’ve gained weight, weight is something much more out of our control that we think
Another diet is not the answer. What actually works based on my experience working with clients.
- Is what you’re doing enjoyable?
- Is what you’re doing easy?
- additive mindset vs restrictive mindset
But what if your doctor is telling you to lose weight… No one should be able to tell you what to do. You get to trust yourself. You know how to take care of yourself and your body. And if you don’t know how to do so in the best way possible, there are therapists and dietitians that can help.
LINKS AND RESOURCES
- Take the Quiz – Is Intuitive Eating Right for YOU? (after years of dieting and bingeing)
- Request an Appointment – 1:1 private coaching with Elise
- Let’s be friends on IG! @craving.food.freedom.com
WHAT DID YOU THINK?
If you liked this episode, please take a moment to SUBSCRIBE, RATE & REVIEW, would love to hear from you! You’ll be helping me reach more people just like you.