Marketing is spot on!
They do such a good job of emphasizing the psychology of eating. People love the coaching/reflection questions that are part of the app. HOWEVER…
Food is categorized as red/orange/green
- Red – avocados, nuts, dessert, etc
- Orange – protein, etc
- Green – fruits, veggies, etc
The colors are based on calorie density however it does not always correlate with the nutrient density of food!
I almost joined a startup similar to Noom
It was led by a typical millennial/techie here in the Bay Area wanting to optimize his food intake and health. My gut instinct told me NO and for good reason!
Pros: Noom could potentially cultivate mindfulness
Cons: Noom’s colors could potentially warp one’s perception of food and implies good/bad amongst foods.
Trust your own instincts and not an app to guide you!
LINKS AND RESOURCES
- Take the Quiz – Is Intuitive Eating Right for YOU? (after years of dieting and bingeing)
- Request an Appointment – 1:1 private coaching with Elise
- Let’s be friends on IG! @craving.food.freedom.com
WHAT DID YOU THINK?
If you liked this episode, please take a moment to SUBSCRIBE, RATE & REVIEW, would love to hear from you! You’ll be helping me reach more people just like you.